The 7 Best Pickleball Paddles for Beginners Reviewed
If you are new to pickleball, you may not know which paddle to pick. With so many options and crazy words like spin and texture thrown in, the choices can seem overwhelming. Have no fear, we found the seven best pickleball paddles to get you started on this fun game.
While pickleball may be new to you, it got its start several decades ago, which is plenty of time for companies to figure what makes a good pickleball paddle. Find a paddle with a good weight, grip size, and a good price, too, without all the stress. Stay on after to get some answers to your questions.
Best Pickleball Paddles for Beginners
Not only is the DOVAVA Premium Pickleball Paddle excessively affordable but well-loved by pickleball players. The paddle offers premium quality with high-end material. It’s also lightweight with a comfort cushion grip to help your performance. The paddle includes a cover too made of neoprene.
The paddle uses a polypropylene honeycomb core for strength and performance along with durability. As a matter of fact, a durable edge guard increases the protection of the paddle. The paddle is finished with graphite carbon-fiber for stiffness, strength, and power. A cushion grip with strips provides both comfort and grip without slipping to increase maneuverability.
Overall, the paddle measures 10.7 by 10.7 on the main portion with a five-inch grip. It comes in an edgy black and blue pattern with a brand symbol on the front. Thirteen millimeters of thickness helps to add to the strength. Everything about this paddle makes it a perfect option for beginners just getting into the sport. The great midrange size makes this a great starter paddle to find the size and weight that works for you.
- [Premium Quality] - the paddles were made from high-end material, lightweight and Comfort cushion grip, ensure the better performance and great grip. Durable Edge guard provides a good protection for the paddles.
- [Excellent Performance] - the Polypropylene honeycomb core redefined strength, optimal performance and durability. Graphite carbonfiber finish surface with texture offers excellent strength and stiffness, ensure the ample power for the competitive player.
- [Control Improved] - Elongated cushioned grip (length 5.0” and circumference of racquet is 4.3”) , the anti-slip strips enable precise grip and maneuverability. Improve your control ability of paddle and reduce the tired feeling for a long swing.
- [Quick Start & Easy Go] - this set include 1 quality pickleball paddles and 1 paddle protect cover. It could help you to quick take the game to the next level. Have fun with your family members, friends, co-mates and etc.
- [Specifications of paddles] - Polymer Honeycomb core and Glass fiber face, Thickness: 13.0 mm / 1/2 in, Weight: 230 g / 8.1 oz, Length: 408 mm / 16 in, Width: 203 mm / 8 in, Grip size: 107 mm / 4 1/4 in, Grip length: 127mm / 5 in, Pickleball size: 70mm / 2.75 in.
If you want to save even more money, get the XS XSPAK Pickleball Paddles Sets of 2. The massively low price gives you two paddles and two covers for the price of one! It’s a smaller paddle with a smaller width at 8 inches wide by 10.7 inches long. The grip measures 4.9 inches making this a great option for smaller beginners.
Despite the lower price, you still get a professional design that is strong and sturdy. Moreover, it’s light and comfortable, making it perfect for multiple games. It’s even capable of handling hard weather. Next, the paddle offers a carbon fiber face for accuracy, meaning the paddle can work with you even when you become an intermediate or more advanced player.
A polymer honeycomb core allows for soft and quiet use of the paddle without compromising strength or performance. Also, a low-profile edge guard provides durability and protects the paddle from damage on the court. It’s perfect for all ages with a feisty splatter design on a blue background. Finally, at just 8 ounces, the paddle allows for all-day play. Plus, with two paddles, it gets an entire game started instead of just one person.
- VALUE SET - Package include 2 pickleball paddles and 2 zippered neoprene cover to protect the pickleball racket.
- CARBON FIBER FACE - The carbon fiber face gives ball precise control for accuracy. Great for intermediate to advanced players.
- POLYMER HONEYCOMB CORE - The polymer core is recognized as the softest and quietest pickleball paddle cores, which provides pickleball racket with redefined strength, optimal performance and durability.
- SUPERIOR EDGE GUARD – Low profile edge guard with high durability protects the paddle hitting surface and core against court damage,yet slim enough to reduces mishits.
- FOR ALL AGES - Pickleball is an activity suitable for all ages.
While the OneShot Pickleball Paddle costs more than the other options on the list, it comes from a quality brand many know and trust. Moreover, it’s USAPA tested and approved. However, this option does not include a cover, and you will need to purchase one separately. In trade, you get more options as you can pick your size from 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, and 8.7 ounces to get the perfect weight for your needs.
Furthermore, the paddle comes in four colors, including blue, black, red, and gray. It gives you superior length as it measures 16.3 inches x 7.4 inches, and the handle is larger too at 5.3 inches making this a great option for larger hands. You can use the paddle for other sports too, like tennis, badminton, table tennis, squash, and even racquetball.
Lastly, the paddle includes a polypropylene honeycomb core and a fiberglass surface. It is the perfect thickness for impressive power and control thanks to balance and weight distribution. As a professional mid-weight pickleball paddle, it’s a great choice for beginners who hope to become advanced players in the future. Find a variety of paddles by OneShot to get an option that fits you perfectly.
- USAPA tested and approved.
- Professional midweight pickleball paddle recommended for beginners & advanced players. Popular with tennis, badminton, table tennis, racquetball and squash players.
- Material: Core- Polypropylene Honeycomb; Surface- Fiberglass.
- Medium weight: between 8.0-8.9 oz.
- Height 16.3”, Width 7.4”, Handle length 5.3”, Thickness 16mm and Grip size 4.25”.
Women will love the tropical floral and leaf design of the Amazin’ Aces Signature Pickleball Paddle. The paddle does still come with the brand name on the front, but it’s still a gorgeous option with an affordable price tag. Also, the paddle includes a black neoprene zipper case to protect it when not in use.
Even with the low cost, this beginner paddle gives you everything you need to get started, and it’s USAPA approved with a seal right on the paddle. The paddle uses cutting-edge materials, high-quality materials, and expert design to give you a fabulous paddle. It even has a low-profile edge guard making it perfect for beginners. The paddles offer the weight, grip, and classic shape you need to begin playing.
Get power and control with a polymer core and graphite face. It weighs just 7.8 ounces, which is optimal for balance of power and control. A large sweet-spot along with balanced weight distribution makes this a great choice for beginners too. The grip length measures small at 4.75 inches with a grip circumference of 4.5, making this great for smaller hands. A one-year warranty ensures your purchase too!
- Superior quality & performance - Our Signature paddle combines cutting-edge technology, high-quality materials, & expert craftsmanship. Players will appreciate the high-performance honeycomb polymer core & the responsive graphite face. At Amazin' Aces, we sweat the details -- from the hand-stitched grip to the low-profile edge guard to the beautiful face design, it all adds up to a very special paddle for beginners & pros alike. Paddle and paddle cover included.
- USAPA approved - The Signature pickleball paddle has passed USAPA testing and is approved for sanctioned tournament play. The 'USAPA Approved' seal is located on the face of the paddle above the handle. The specs of the paddle combined with USAPA approval make the Signature an excellent value.
- Premium construction for power and control - Our polymer core & graphite face expertly blends power & control. Polymer is the #1 core among pros for a reason. The Signature weighs between 7.8 oz and 8.2 oz; an optimal weight resulting in the "just right" power/control balance. The racket has a large sweet-spot, balanced weight distribution, & a classic shape. Our hand-stitched contour grip gives the paddle a wonderful in-hand feel. Grip length: 4.75". Grip circumference: 4.5".
- Join millions of happy pickleballers - Millions have discovered the sport of pickleball over the last few years. Pickleball is a social sport that appeals to everyone. Hit the court with our Signature pickleball paddle. Get some exercise, make new friends, and have a blast!
- 1-year warranty - We stand behind the quality of our products. Our Signature pickleball paddle comes with a 1-year warranty. Have an issue with one of our paddles? We want to get it fixed ASAP! Contact us and we'll replace it with no questions asked.
For a fun digital pattern on the face of the paddle, pick the very affordable Pickleball Paddle Single by Niupipo. Definitely pick this option if you want a smaller grip, as the handle measures just 4.5 inches. Do note it’s a little heavier than other paddles at 8.1 ounces, but you can use it both indoor and outdoor. Also, the paddle comes with a neoprene zipper cover to protect it from damage.
The USAPA approved paddle can withstand the challenges of any court, including indoor or outdoor. A honeycomb core allows for improved strength and quietness, both of which are invaluable to beginners. Moreover, the paddle gives you powerful performance and soft control for touch shots. The polymer cores are a little less deflective than others to allow for more time to manipulate the ball and improve control.
Furthermore, this paddle allows for dinking and spinning for a beginner who wants to try some pro moves. You get ideal balance with fiberglass along with ultimate control. Choose this option if you have issues with your shoulder or elbow as it offers maneuverability with less stress. Also, you get a contour cushion grip that’s perforated to absorb sweat and allow for longer play without fatigue. Do note this paddle is larger at 15.5 long by 7.85 wide with a weight of 8 ounces. You still get a protective edge too!
- Usapa Approve For Victory; Niupipo pickleball paddles have passed USAPA testing, which means our paddles are approved for sanctioned tournament play; This pickleball racket can withstand any challenges on the court; Having a high-quality graphite pickleball paddle can completely transform your game
- Improved Strength By The Honeycomb Core; Our pickelball paddle is made of honeycomb, which is the quietest core on the market; It provides power performance, yet gives soft control for the touch shots; The polymer cores are slightly less deflective than other cores and the reduced deflection offers players a split-second longer to manipulate the ball, hence offering control
- Ideal Balance With Fiberglass; The Niupipo pickleball paddle face is made from fiberglass, this is all designed to give you a feeling of maximum control across any type of pickleball shot; Combined with a delicate touch which will give you control when dinking and spinning around the net
- Superior Design Of The Contour Cushion Grip; Niupipo pickleball paddle is perforated, sweat absorbent, and cushioned, to allow for a better paddle grip, for longtime play without fatigue; Paddle Dimensions: 15.5" L x 7.85" W x 1.5" H. 8oz mid-weight paddle, which means better maneuverability and less stress on elbow/shoulder
- Protective Edge Guard And Cover; Edge guard around the edges of pickleball racket maintains the integrity of the paddle and provides a covering to the open honeycomb interior; Every pickleball racket comes with a pickleball paddle cover with the zippered neoprene cover, which can protect the pickleball paddle when toting around and when not in play
The Steele Pickleball Graphite Paddle offers a simplistic design and a fantastic price. It even includes a noticeable zippered cover to protect the paddle. Unlike the other options, this cover is bright blue, meaning you won’t spend quality time searching for where you put your paddle. While the paddle does have the brand symbol on the front, it’s still not an eyesore, thanks to the simple geometric pattern.
Next, the paddle gives you the perfect combination of power and control by using proprietary polymer technology and a graphite face for durability. It’s ready to help beginners get on the court and allow them to advance their play for confidence. As this is a lightweight option at just 7.8 ounces for quick reaction time. It’s textured, too, so you can use it for spins later on when you are ready.
The paddle measures 7 7/8 inches by 15 7/8 inches with a 5-inch grip. You get an ergonomic, comfortable, and durable grip with cushion for increased maneuverability. Add in a low-profile edge guard and a specialized bottom design to prevent damage on impact. A little bit of texture makes this a great option for those who want to start learning spin too. Start playing now with this incredible paddle designed for power and comfort.
- [Power and Control, Perfectly Combined] Some have power, others have control—Uteeqe has both. We’ve worked to balance this paddle to perfection, using our proprietary polymer technology and a premium graphite face for unstoppable performance. You’ll take your game to the next level when you use the Uteeqe pickleball paddle—you won’t use another paddle again!
- [Lightweight, Well-Balanced and Textured for Excellent Spin] You’ll feel faster than ever when you swing the well-balanced Uteeqe pickleball paddle, thanks to its lightweight build (~7.8 oz.) for quick reaction time at the net. Plus, back your power up with an unbeatable spin, thanks to the specialized rough-textured surface, which also boasts a large sweet spot for better hits.
- [Performance Stitched Comfort Contour Grip] Keep your grip secure in the most clutch moments with the minutely raised, cushioned ribs, which are designed in a spiral contour for precision grip and maneuverability. The perforated surface wicks away sweat for optimum traction and comfort during play. We pride ourselves on only the highest quality manufacturing processes and materials, paying close attention to the details—and our customers notice the difference!
- [Durable Low-profile Edge Guard &Specialized Bottom Design] To prevent damage on ground impact, the low-profile and lightweight edge guard gives you the extra peace of mind without making it too head-heavy. Its slim edge ensures plenty of surface area and makes it more forgiving of mishits. Plus, the specialized design of the handle bottom looks great and adds additional protection.
- [Perfect Gift for Family and Friends] You can gift this paddle with confidence or buy for yourself knowing that careful thought is put into crafting the perfect paddle, from quality materials to great craftsmanship and design. We know you’ll love it and so will your family and friends. Give a quality gift that will last, for birthdays, graduations, Christmas and everything in between!
The Pickleball Paddle Set by A&L Aupinelife gives you a patriotic paddle with a neoprene cover. It’s a low price option with quality material and a fabulous design. Even though the paddle includes a flag, it’s a low-profile design, mostly in black, just like the case. You still get a high-quality design without a high-quality price.
The paddle measurements are 15.5 inches in length by 7.75 inches in width with a grip length of 5.1 inches. It’s a little heavy at 8 ounces but still light enough to prevent fatigue. Next, the paddle is perfect for beginners with a polypropylene honeycomb composite that helps with mechanical performance for power and control. It also has a graphite face to further improve performance.
A comfortable and protected grip that absorbs sweat and offers a soft place for your hand. Moreover, the paddle ensures an amazing experience, and the brand offers multiple options to suit anyone. People new to the sport will love this paddle, as will those who move up in their skill levels. If, for any reason, you do not love the paddle, it comes with a five-year quality assurance, which shows the companies commitment to their customers.
- QUALITY MATERIAL AND DESIGN- AL. 3k best pickleball paddles are lightweight but durable. The core of the paddles is made of Polypropylene Honeycomb composite which is widely recognized as one of the best pickleball paddle cores in the game. PP Honeycomb composite provides optimum Mechanical Performance. Ball comes off the paddle face with power and control.
- GRAPHITE FACE /HONEYCOMB CORE – Graphite surface is best known for his Superior touch and elegant sound. The perfect blend of Graphite and Honeycomb provides superior control, best shot and perfect strength on the shot. Each graphite paddle brndle has gone through multiple inspections for finding weak spots in the paddle
- COMFORTABLE AND PROTECTED GRIP- The graphite pickleball paddle is comfortable and has a soft and sweat absorbing grip to help you hit with confidence as well as let you minimize the chance of slipping and maximizes the balance and control. The perforated grip allows you to spin, power and quick hand changes.Noise be quiet.
- PERFECT DESIGN/ UNPARALLELED VALUE- Pick our outdoor xl pickleball ball sets today regardless of whether you are a beginner,pro pickleball player, intermediate or an expert, and increase the level of your play at the court. The wide body shape bring a larger sweet spot, more excellent response and more accurate ball control, which ensure players have an amazing experience. The weight of the paddle is 8 oz.buy now.
- 100 % SATISFACTION - Super comfort Grip, Elegant Graphite face and PP Honeycomb core make the paddle unmatched. We are sure that you’ll get 100 % Satisfaction and if for any reason you are not satisfied, We'll always be here and looking forward to provide any services for you as we want to ensure you are totally,5 years quality assurance for the paddle.
Buying Guide for Pickleball Paddles for Beginners
Pickleball paddles may seem simple but actually include several factors. Learn a little about the inner mechanics of a paddle to help you make the best decision for your game.
Most beginner paddles are made with a honeycomb polymer material which allows for a mid-range weight. Also, it’s a softer material with larger gaps for extra power to help get comfortable with power but may reduce control. As you become more experienced with the game, you can experiment with harder material for more control or aluminum for more control but less power.
The exterior also comes in three main styles of material, including fiberglass, graphite, or carbon fiber. The fiberglass offers the most power, while graphite provides control. Use carbon fiber for carbon if you want a material more durable than graphite.
Pickleball paddles come in a variety of sizes measuring no larger than 24 inches. Most paddles are around 15 to 17 inches long with a width of 7 to 8.25 inches but come in a much larger assortment to fit many hands. Try out a variety of sizes to see which gives you the preferred control and power. Remember, larger paddles tend to weigh more.
The right size offers the most chance of making contact with the ball with a wider hitting area. Beginners should start for a larger paddle to give more range. As you become accustomed to your needs and preferences, you can change to a smaller paddle for more control.
Grip size directly relates to your height. People who are under 5 feet 2 inches should choose a grip size of four inches. If you are between 5.3 to 5.8 should choose a 4 1/4 grip, while people over 5.9 should choose a 4 1/2 grip or larger. Mind you, despite your height, the right-sized handle may not work for your hands. Try out a variety of paddle sizes to find what works. Adding a little over-grip tape can help to increase the size a little if you start out small.
Pickleball paddles come in three different sizes. Lightweight paddles weigh 7.3 ounces or less. Mid-weight paddles weigh 7.3 to 8.4 ounces. Heavyweight paddles are 8.5 ounces or more. Start with the middleweight and find what factors matter more to you. However, keep in mind any wrist issues or other injuries that could prevent a heavier paddle.
All of the options above are mid-weight options because they are the best option to help beginners figure out what is best for them. Weight has the ability to affect fatigue and many other factors. A lighter paddle offers control but not drive, while a heavy paddle has more power and drive but gives the user less control.
For more information on what to look for in pickleball paddles, watch this video that covers the topic in more detail:
Questions About Pickleball Paddles for Beginners
As a beginner, do I need to worry about USAPA approval?
The USAPA approval means a paddle meets a reflection test meaning the paddle cannot be reflective to the point of obstructing other players’ view. While it’s not a necessity for beginners, it would be nice for the other players to have an approved paddle to not cause them issues on the court.
Are wooden pickleball paddles better for beginners?
Wooden paddles are often more affordable, especially if you just want to try a couple of games. Originally, all pickleball paddles were made of wood. However, a wooden paddle does not give you the same amount of control over your performance. Although you can purchase a large quantity more affordably for larger events such as school or large gatherings.
What is a sweet spot?
A sweet spot refers to the spot on the paddle where you are most likely to get the most accurate response. Usually, this spot is in the middle of the paddle, usually where the brand logo sits on the paddle. With the correct aim and hitting in the sweet spot will get you the intended results.
The DOVAVA Premium Pickleball Paddles offers everything a beginner needs to start playing pickleball. With this paddle, you get premium quality, performance, control, and a fabulous price. Do make sure this paddle is the right size for your hand. As it is so affordably priced, you can easily use this as a starting point to find out what works best for you and get you into an intermediate paddle when you are ready.