The 7 Best Pickleball Nets Reviewed
If you have your paddle and want to practice pickleball but cannot get to the court, bring the court to you! With the seven best options on the market right here in one list, you can find the right net for your needs. We found options with the regulation size or smaller to fit your yard or home and even a set with everything you need for a game.
Take a look at the options below and find the right set for your budget with sturdy frames, and they all include storage bags. After, stay on to read valuable information about pickleball nets to help you find the right option for your needs.
Best Pickleball Nets
While the price is a little high, the 3.0 Portable Pickleball Net System by Pickleball makes an exceptional net ready to transform your backyard into a court. It’s portable, too, making it a great option to take to the beach or a family outing. Even better, the net sets up quickly so you can focus on your game instead of the details.
The metal frame comes in a bright green that’s easy to spot. It’s reinforced with steel and a powder coating. A convenient center stabilizer bar with a raised lateral bar keeps the net from moving even in the wind. The bar protects your purchase from damage and ensures the ball can run under the net. A medial height support, which adheres to regulations, made of fiberglass and encased in nylon, provides more stability by maintaining the 34-inch height in the center.
Add on the white and black net to complete the ensemble. Use the easy net tension straps to raise the crossbar to allow balls to roll underneath. Furthermore, the net, frame, and instructions include a sturdy black storage bag. It conveniently says Pickle-ball on the front, so you know exactly what you are looking at.
What makes this net special is it was formed by Barney McCallum, one of the inventors of Pickleball. Use this net for any level, from beginner to expert. Finally, it weighs 22 pounds and measures 22 feet by 36 inches at the sides.
- PORTABLE & LIGHTWEIGHT - Complete frame and net in carrying case just 22 lbs
- QUICK SET UP - Easy snap together metal frame sets up in minutes
- STURDY REINFORCED FRAME - All metal powder coated frame
- STABLE - Wide legs with bent design mean a sturdy net system even in windy outdoor conditions
- FEATURES YOU WANT - Easy net tension straps and a raised cross bar so balls can roll underneath
Save a little money with the Oncourt Offcourt Classic PickleNet Pickleball Net System. Although it’s not made by one of the pickleball founders, it meets regulation size requirements. Instead of saying pickleball, it says pickle-net, which is what it is! The color is a little less bold with a white net, black frame, and blue lettering.
The whole set comes in a bright, easy-to-spot bag with handles you can store in your garage or shed. It’s a little heavier than our last option at 23 pounds, which is still easy to carry. Despite the low weight, this is a heavy-duty option ready to withstand the elements. An enhanced center rode and heavy end supports make this an optimal option even on a budget.
Next, the net measures 22 feet wide by 36 inches tall with 34 inches at the center strap. A center support enhances the sturdiness and rigidity, and durability of the net. Also, a tension system at the top uses velcro to allow you to tighten and loosen the net as need. All these pieces work together to prevent sagging so the balls can roll under the net too.
As it’s in a bag, you can take this net with you anywhere you gon from the beach to the backyard and everywhere in between. Setup and tear-down take practically no time at all. Use the set both inside and outside, but do not leave it up outside for extended periods to prevent issues from the elements and definitely keep it away from water as the pieces are rust-resistant but not rust-proof.
- REGULATION SIZE PICKLEBALL NET SYSTEM - 22 Feet Wide, 36 Inches at the end posts and 34 inches at center strap.
- ENHANCED CENTER SUPPORT - Wider, stronger and more rigid patented center support structure makes this set more stable and durable than the competitors.
- STURDY YET LIGHTWEIGHT - Heavy duty end supports, enhanced center rod and still just 23 lbs
- Compare to 3.0 Tournament Set and PickleNet
For a pop of spunky color, choose the PIKASEN Portable Pickleball Net System. This gorgeous net system comes in a fun pinkish purple on the frame and the lettering. The rest is in white around the edges of the net with black netting. Another great aspect of this option is the very affordable price tag. Most any budget can afford this net.
Besides the net, you get an ultra-durable 600D Oxford fabric carry bag with waterproof sleeves for the net. Moreover, the net is the official standard size meaning it measures 22 feet wide with 36 inch high sidelines, and it’s 34 inches tall in the center. What we love about this option is the fiberglass net support in the middle to ensure the professional net height of 34 inches.
Assembly takes no time at all with simple connections and an easy design. A locking connection system makes disassembly simple too. Using 1.2 mm thick premium steel, you can be sure you are getting supreme quality with a powder-coated finish to reduce (but not eliminate) rust. One-inch 5ply mesh netting keeps the set sturdy and weatherproof.
Store the entire set in the zippered duffle bag so you can take it anywhere with you. Toss it in the back of your car to take to a friend’s, the park, or anywhere else. Our absolute favorite feature is the lightweight as it weighs just 20 pounds. Lastly, the velcro tightening straps allow you to adjust the tension of the net to allow balls to move under the net with ease.
- 🎾 OFFICIAL STANDARD SIZE： PIKASEN net system meets official pickleball guidelines at 22' wide, 36” high at sidelines and 34 tall at inches the center.Unique to other pickleball nets,the net comes with a high-quality fiberglass net support which attaches to the middle of the net frame and ensures the net height remains at a professional height of 34 inches in the center.
- 🎾 EASY ASSEMBLY:The simple connection design will make the entire network easy to set up and break down.It has a locking connection system that is convenient to assemble and break down.
- 🎾 UNRIVALLED QUALITY :Made using 1.2mm thick premium steel , the frame is powder coated to give it exceptional rust-resistance. The posts combine with the 1” mesh 5 ply PE netting to create a supremely strong, weatherproof system.
- 🎾 EASY STORAGE AND PORTABLE: Includes Heavy-Duty Zippered Duffel Bag(600D fabric) for Easy Storage and Transport/Driveway.Good for both Indoor and Outdoor games.
- 🎾 COMFORT DESIGN:Noble purple powder coated steel poles , let you have more desire to win in the competition.
The F2C Portable Universal Recreational 22FT Pickleball Net is ultra-affordable and loved by customers. It’s a simple net without any bells or whistles, which reflects in the price. Choose this option if you enjoy pickleball but have not made it a frequent hobby. The only reason this set is lower on the list is it’s only 31 inches tall in the middle. Even though the other areas measure correctly at 22 ft by 36 inches tall, the middle area makes this not regulation-ready.
A wide stabilizing base keeps the net on the ground with 24-inch legs making this a great option for windy days. Next, 25mm thick steel offers a thick support frame ready to battle any weather. Add in a fiberglass middle post for extra support. These high-quality parts lead to longer service life, so you can use this net for years to come.
Furthermore, a strong metal base in the center keeps the net from sagging. The pieces securely lock together for security and sturdiness. Also, easy connection straps allow you to adjust the net’s tension too. An all-weather net means you can use this no matter the weather.
Use the included duffle bag to store the disassembled net. Put up and tear down make assembly an easy process. The standard size of 22 feet by 36-inch tall sides and 34-inch tall middle make this a great option for not just pickleball but also badminton and other outdoor net sports. Last of all, the set comes with four ground stakes, too, which are necessary as the set only weighs 18.3 pounds.
- 【Portable & Lightweight】Complete metal coated frame and net set along with a black durable 420D nylon carrying case for Portability and Organization While Traveling, total weight less than 21 Lbs
- 【Simple Assembly in Minutes】 Easy snap the frame together and slide the net over the poles in minutes. Stand features positive locking connection that allows for durability and easy moving when assembled
- 【Superior Stabilization】Hook and loop connectors near each pole can be tightened and adjusted to ensure the net measures 36”Height at the ends and 31”Height in the center. Medial fiberglass net height support encased in a nylon sleeve and attached with a strap to the center foot support can maintain the proper height of 31" at the center of the net
- 【Features You Want】 Net features metal middle support with fiberglass net support and side tension adjustments, enables balls to roll underneath. The top of the net features a Velcro-tension system which enables users to tighten or loosen the tautness of the net
- 【Built to Meet USAPA Standards 】22 feet wide x 36 inches tall (3FT) for both sides x 34 inches tall in middle
Get a court-ready net with the Falconz Regulation Size Pickleball Net for Outdoor and Indoor. This net looks like one you would find at a club with a sturdy green frame and white framed black net. It’s durable and high-quality, so you can use it for years to come. All this and the price is quite reasonable for the quality.
The net offers you an official regulation size as it measures 22 feet wide, 36 inches tall on the sides, and 34 inches tall in the center. What you will love is the long sturdy frame on the bottom preventing wind from knocking over the set. Additionally, the net is enclosed on three sides, and it has wide feet too. The whole frame comes in steel with a powder finish for rust resistance too.
Assemble the net in just minutes following the instructions included. As the net itself is made of durable PE, you can store it easily in the included storage bag. An interlocking system means you do not need tools to assemble or disassemble the frame or net. A mid-point fiberglass rod ensures the frame stays 34 inches tall.
However, the set does not have a decent tension adjuster making this option lower on our list. Also, the storage bag is of lower quality, so it may break even with minimal use. Otherwise, this set is near perfection.
- Official regulation size net; 22 feet wide, 34 inches tall at the center, 36 inches tall at the sidelines
- High quality with great design; Our support frame is made from steel for strength, sturdiness and durability; The netting is made from PE for durability too; The color scheme of a white net with black netting and a pleasant Caribbean green frame makes this a great looking net
- Easy assembly; The instructions sheet, together with the number markings on each component of the net makes it easy to set up the net
- No tools required; Interlocking system allows you to assemble and dismantle the net easily without using any tools
- Convenient carry bag; A carry bag is included for easy storage and transport
Choose the A11N Portable Pickleball Net for Driveway if you want a pickleball net but do not have the space for a full-size frame. It’s a half-size option at just 11 feet long, making it a great choice for practicing in tight spaces. Moreover, this net is a great size for children thanks to the more comfortable size. Of course, adults can use this for practice too, and it makes a great option for crowded beaches and parks too.
Besides using the net for pickleball, use it for children’s tennis, soccer, or other sports with less space needed. It’s the right size for a driveway too! The setup and tear-down go fast with a lightweight and foldable design. Each piece connects with a bungee cord making this an option even your kids can set up with ease. The lightweight design makes the net portable and easy to load in the trunk too.
Velcro straps at the top allow you to adjust the tension to keep the frame sturdy. Store everything in the included duffle bag with a drawstring opening and handle. Overall, this option measures 11 feet by 36 inches tall, making it the standard size height-wise. Now your game can go where ever you have a little space.
- 【HALF COURT SIZE】If you don't have a spacious space for a 22ft-size net, this 11ft size is a good alternative, great for leisure game and dinking practice.
- 【VERSATILE GAME ON】Not only can you play single-player pickleball game, your kids can also play kid’s tennis and soccer tennis on the beach, driveway, backyards, parks and any flat area!
- 【EASY SETUP & TAKEDOWN】Each part is connected with a bungee cord, so you just need a few minutes to setup and takedown this net.
- 【TRAVEL READY】Lightweight and foldable, this is a grab-and-go set with a carrying bag for parties, camping, family gatherings and so on.
- 【OUTDOOR FUN】Feeling bored and stressed during this tough period? Try playing pickleball! It’s a great diversion and keeps your families outside playing instead of inside wanting to watch TV!
Get the Rally Meister Pickleball Net, Paddle, and Ball Set if you want an entire pickleball game in one. Additional players sold separately. Just kidding, you cannot buy players; you will have to challenge your friends, and with the set, you will have everything you need to make a game happen. Keep in mind, this set is pricy, but it includes all the pieces you need.
The only issue with this all-in-one set is it includes four wooden paddles. Yes, those are what were used for the game during its invention, but since then, paddles have improved. Choose this set for a relaxed sport, not for serious playing. The set also comes with four pickleballs but only four indoor balls, so you want to play outside, you will need to spend a couple more bucks for the right balls.
Additionally, the set, of course, includes a net. It’s a lightweight and portable option with the net and frame weighing a slightly heavy 25 pounds. Store the whole set in the included storage bag. Set the frame and net up quickly and use the tension straps to lower or raise the net.
Finally, the set is for fun only as it is not up to regulation size. It is, however, made with powder-coated steel for longevity and rust resistance. The legs are bent for extra stability, and an extra leg in the middle adds more support. For casual gamers or for gatherings, this is a great option with everything you need in one set.
- PORTABLE & LIGHTWEIGHT - Complete frame and net in carrying case just 25 lbs
- COMPLETE SET - Comes with Metal Frame, Net, 4 Rally Meister Wood Paddles, 4 Jugs Pickleballs, Rules/Instructions, Sturdy Carry Bag with pockets for Balls and paddles
- QUICK SET UP - Easy snap together metal frame sets up in minutes
- FEATURES YOU WANT - Easy net tension straps and a raised cross bar so balls can roll underneath and quality hardwood paddles with wrapped handles and safety wrist straps
- STABLE - Wide legs with bent design mean a sturdy net system even in windy outdoor conditions
Buying Guide for Pickleball Nets
Before you buy, take a look at important information to help you make a better decision.
Pickleball nets need to be heavy enough to stay standing without being too heavy to be able to carry. Most options come in a range between 14 pounds up to 50 pounds. The options on this list are usually around 20 pounds which makes them easy to carry. However, if you live in an area with heavy wind, you may want to find a heavier option or choose an option with stakes to keep the net in the ground more securely.
The regulation size for a pickleball net is 22 feet wide. Each side needs to be 36 inches tall, with the center measuring 34 inches tall. Make sure the net you choose has a post in the center to ensure the 34-inch height if you are playing more than a casual game. Even for practice, you will want that security as it will allow balls to roll under the net too.
Many nets marketed as multi-functional nets are not up to pickleball regulations. They are fine if you play casually or play multiple net sports. Keep in mind that most regulation nets cost more than one hundred dollars.
A steel frame is a must for a sturdy net ready to allow you to play. The steel should be powder-coated to prevent rust. Also, the net should be durable too. Many nets use knots while others do not, and this could make the net sturdier. The mesh or netting does need to be small enough to not catch a ball in the net. Check the set you use for sturdy materials and not cheap fabric that can tear or damage from a little weather.
Questions About Pickleball Nets
Why are most of the pickleball sets portable?
Most people do not have the space to keep a pickleball net up all year long. A portable net allows you to take the net apart and put it away when you need your space. Also, mowing your lawn with the net up can be a serious hassle and can damage the net with wet sticky grass.
Will the nets on this list work both indoor and outdoor?
Most pickleball nets will work both inside and outside. However, if you want to use it outside, you will need to maintain the net more. The elements outside can damage a net more quickly than if the net is sitting inside. Check the description for the net of your choice to make sure it will work in the location you have set aside.
Can I use a multi-functional net instead of a regulation pickleball net?
Absolutely. Nothing says you must play with a regulation net. However, if you are practicing for a tournament or to play with experienced players, you will definitely want to spend the money on a regulation net to ensure you are practicing correctly for pickleball. It’s also the better choice when playing against seasoned players.
How to set up a pickleball net
This video will walk you through the steps of properly setting up a portable pickleball net:
If you want the best pickleball net, pick the one made by one of the founders of the sport. The 3.0 Portable Pickleball Net System by Pickleball meets all the criteria for a regulation game. It’s also portable and lightweight, so you can set up a game anywhere you want. Now it’s time to play!